A 25 years of journey


I would like to share a story of a person who invested a bagless vacuum cleaner. His name is James Dyson. I have heard about the Dyson vacuum cleaner, saw the adds on the TV too.

Sekarang ni kalau kita perasan dah banyak jenama vacuum cleaner yang tak guna bag. Sebab lagi mudah, tak payah ganti-ganti beg. Leceh.

From the article that I read, James got this idea from industrial cyclone di kilang kayu. James developed his idea for 5 years, went through more than 5000 mistakes atau prototypes, finally he succeed. Then, he had to think who would be interested with his idea.

Selama 3 tahun dia cuba approach manufacturer tapi takde satu company pun yang nak materialized his idea. Kilang-kilang yang dia approach bukan calang2, Black and Decker, Eureka and even Electrolux. They said vacuum cleaner without bag would not sell.

James realized then kalau dia nak buat mesin ni dia kena buat sendiri. Dia berjaya! Tahun 1993 his vacuum become no 1 selling vacuum cleaner for 18 months. Kita sangat terharu baca artikel ni dan apa yang James lalui.

He said ' I'm particularly adept at making mistake-it is a necessity as an engineer. Each iteration of the vacuum came about because of my mistake I needed to fix. What is important is that I did not stop at the first failure, the 50th or the 5000th. I never will. I love mistakes'

He started to develop his vacuum in 1968. And in 1993, he releases first vacuum cleaner. A 25 years of journey and now his is a pioneer in his technology.

Sources: Newsweek 6June 2011

Comments

Popular Posts