Major disaster events in the first 3 months of 2011

This year is unlike previous years where I watched a few major disaster occurs within 3 months, starting from January to March 2011.

1. Inland tsunami in Australia- Occured in January due to continues rain. Affected area were Quensland and Brisbane. Many people and animal had died.

2. Earthquake in New Zealand- 21 Februart 2011. The earthquake epicenter was in Christchurch. This was sudden. I remember i came to know about this event when I was in Sydney. The cathedral became the icon of Christchurch was now torn apart.

3. Earthquake and tsunami in Japan- the developing story of this event just heart-breaking. The tsunami wave was about 10meter, and it entered in land so quickly. I imagine if i was there, i had no where to run and allowed this angry wave to swallow me. I know Japan will recover soon, as they rebuilt their country after the Atomic bomb dropped in Nagasaki.

Comments

  1. Christchurch's biggest and most devastating Earthquake was actually Feb 22, just so you know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts