Beware when you advertise something

Beware untuk my friends yang nak advertisekan barang-barang kat Gumtree, especially untuk barang yg agak mahal. It happen to us.

We advertised our car in Gumtree. Ada 1 orang ni sms/call Shahbaz untuk emailkan gambar kerete. Lepas Shahbaz dah emailkan, dia bagi one email.

The email came from speter481@gmail.com,
"I am very keen,regarding it Let me know the actual asking price. How i
wish i could come and view what am buying from you.but am currently
working overseas at the moment and i want it picked up before i get back,
though i will be back in couple of weeks. I would be paying via PayPal which is safer for me.
Kindly send me a paypal payment invoice or create an account at
www.paypal.com.au if you dont have one. I will make a concrete pick up
arrangement with my transport agent who will be coming over for pick
up once you receive full payment into your PayPal account
Have a nice day"

The email sound weird right. How can he wants the car without take a look by himself or test-drive. Not even asking about the condition of the car or Rego?

I search from the internet about this guy. Yeah he cheated alot of people. He will asked you to pay to the agent first, then he will pay back the money to you through Paypal. Jahat punya orang.

Be careful

Comments

  1. Below is just what I found when trying to sell a car so this little *&^%$#@ is doing the rounds

    Be careful

    Hi,

    I am very keen,regarding it Let me know the actual asking price. How i
    wish i could come and view what am buying from you.but am currently
    working overseas at the moment and i want it picked up before i get back,
    though i will be back in couple of weeks. I would be paying via PayPal which is safer for the both of us.
    Kindly send me a paypal payment invoice to make the payment or create an account at
    www.paypal.com.au if you dont have one. I will make a concrete pick up
    arrangement with my transport agent who will be coming over for the pick
    up once you receive full payment into your PayPal account.
    Have a nice day

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is same Peter, this is a scam!Thanks for sharing your story .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was targeted by 'Peter' on gumtree when I was selling my boat.

    He claimed that:

    I am very keen,regarding it Let me know the actual asking price. How i wish i could come and view what am buying from you.but am currently working overseas at the moment and i want it picked up and delivered to my apartment before i get back,
    though i will be back in couple of weeks. I would be paying via PayPal which is safer for the both of us.
    Kindly send me a paypal payment invoice to make the payment or create an account at www.paypal.com.au if you dont have one. I will make a concrete pick up arrangement with my transport agent who will be coming over for the pick up once you receive full payment into your PayPal account.you can send me more photos of it, if available.
    Have a nice day

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! i always search for email or phone numbers before getting back to someone buying my product.

    i typed in the email speter481@gmail.com and NOT to my suprise i am on this website.

    Well done for providing your comments and helping each other out.

    The sms was from +6142351111 which is a fake number when trying to dial it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also found from the internet about speter and i like to share with others so they not get cheated by this guy. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts