Disaster

Yeah, it was disaster, and i didn't know how to react!
Morning as usual, i reach uni at 9.30am. Saminta told me Chris wanted to see me. He is the HR guy in my deparment. Chris told me what happen to one of my tanks. Something wrong with the tanks, it melt up the tank, and I 'm sorry if you loss your sample. I just say Oh my God Oh my God. I should go and see, but I afraid to accept the reality something gone bad with my work. But its my work and i have to see it.
I went to the lab, Jeff assisted me. I can see the lab door was open, roof fan was on, ok thats really bad. If something bad happen in the basement, and if it not so serious, that wouldn;t do that. I went to basement, yeah I saw the lid of my tanks has big hole. That thing melt away the lid. They not advise to take the sample out cus it still hot. Ok. Jeff told me that morning when he came, he saw from the hole, the heater was glowing, that's really scary. It dried out the water inside! In the afternoon, i tried to check the tank, I took out the sample which survive, some of them with burn mark. I checked the computer monitor where i connected to the thermocouple in the tank. Ok the temperature went up 700degree celcious, God thats why it could melt the lid, could burn my sample.
The lab manager saw me, he said, u not show stressed up at all, which is good. One thing I learn of whole experience I been through I try my best, if accident still happen, i cant do anything. And yesterday, the deparment underwent review procosess, because of me, they tried not to bring the visitors to the basement. Today I asked the lab manager, whether they angry at me, he said no not at all. It was an accident. No one hurt. They are all concerned about me, if i feel stressed up for what had happen. I'm glad eventhough I feel sad about the incident.

Comments

Popular Posts